I believe video makes a website more human, more accessible and more appealing.
But then, as I make videos for a living, you’d probably expect me to say that.
So I put together my top ten statistics from research findings, mostly from studies carried out in the US.
I hope you’ll agree that the case for web video is overwhelming!
- « Brands using online video have seen lifts of 20% to 40% in terms of incremental buying, with conversions that are twice the rate of other media. » (1)
- 21% of retail web video viewers make a purchase online. (1)
- 26% of retail web video viewers visit a store. (2)
- 21% of retail web video viewers request more information. (1)
- Video landing pages generate four to seven times higher engagement and response rates than static image and text landing pages. (3)
- Well optimized video is fifty-three times more likely than text to appear on the front page of Google. (4)
- 68% of the top 50 Internet retailers use web video. (5)
- 71% of Internet users watch video. (1)
- 65% of all videos are viewed between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. (1)
- 33% of middle managers under 50 view work-related videos every day. (1)
(1) Chris Crafton, CMO, eCorpTV.com, reported by Target Marketing at a Philadelphia Direct Marketing Association networking and breakfast meeting.
(2) BIA/Kelsey User View study data, February 2010, reported by Turnhere.com.
(3) SearchEngineWatch, February 2010.
(4) Forrester Research, January 2010 .
(5 ) Internet Retailer, July 2010.